When I began this weight loss journey, I almost immediately lost seven pounds, then gained three, which I am praying is muscle. A girl can dream, right?! PLUS, I haven't gone to the gym since Tuesday. It totally doesn't help that my gym Man Candy was MIA on Tuesday, which discouraged me from going on Thursday. Bad girl, I know. But, seriously, ladies, if you saw this guy (his official name is "Sexy Boyfriend"), you'd totally understand that my attendance at the gym hinges on his. He is all the motivation a girl needs. You know when women say that men think they're women's gift from God. Okay, well Sexy Boyfriend SO is. No joke. I do love my husband, by the way, but he says he doesn't mind if I look. That's why God gave me eyes! ;-)
In simpler terms, I need someone to give me the kick in the pants I need when I feel like making an excuse to skip out on the gym or swoop through a drive thru for a large Dr. Pepper. Will you do that for me?
In other news, my lovely little Tessa is becoming quite the little lady. She has learned to feed herself completely independently. She wields her fork with much more ease than just three days ago. Monkey now refuses any help and any finger food type snacks at mealtime. She wants only food that she can stab with her fork or scoop up with her spoon. I'm totally proud, but also wondering when, exactly, my little princess stopped needing my help and secretly wishing she still did. Motherhood is like that; you're so excited for all of the new things they do, but at the same time you feel a little sense of loss because you know they're that much farther away from being your "baby." Well, at least I feel that way. It feels like not so long ago, Tessa Baby couldn't even hold her head up and I would nurse her in bed while we cuddled. Now she has no time for cuddling. It's all about exploring!
Here are come current pictures. Thank goodness for Instagram!
| Mama & Monkey before she went to Grammy & Grandpa's. |
| Am I terrible for doing this? ;-) |
| At the hair salon. She didn't even cry once during our 3 hour trip! |
| Coloring with Daddy. |
| Clearly I was bored today! |
Have a great week, everybody. Monday fun-day?
xoxo, Britnie
No comments:
Post a Comment